Books (Popular Level)
- Discovering Our Roots: The Ancestry of Churches of Christ. By C. Leonard Allen and Richard T. Hughes.
- Renewing God’s People: A Concise History of Churches of Christ. By Gary Holloway and Douglas Foster.
- Renewal for Mission: A Concise History of Christian Churches and Churches of Christ. By W. Dennis Helsabeck, Jr., Gary Holloway, and Douglas Foster.
- Renewing Christian Unity: A Concise History of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). By Mark G. Toulouse, Gary Holloway, and Douglas Foster.
- Renewing the World: A Concise Global History of the Stone-Campbell Movement. By Gary Holloway and Douglas Foster.
- The Church of Christ: A Biblical Ecclesiology for Today. By Everett Ferguson.
- A Life of Alexander Campbell. By Douglas A. Foster.
- The Encyclopedia of the Stone-Campbell Movement. Edited by Douglas A. Foster, Paul M. Blowers, Anthony L. Dunnavant, and D. Newell Williams.
- Bus Ride to Justice: Changing the System by the System. By Fred Gray.
- Reviving the Ancient Faith: The Story of Churches of Christ in America. By Richard T. Hughes.
- Hard-Fighting Soldiers: A History of African American Churches of Christ. By Edward J. Robinson.
- The Stone-Campbell Movement: A Global History. Edited by D. Newell Williams, Douglas A. Foster, and Paul M. Blowers.
The Christian Baptist by Alexander Campbell. See also here.
The Christian System by Alexander Campbell
Civil Government: Its Origin, Mission, and Destiny, And the Christian’s Relation to It by David Lipscomb
Declaration and Address by Thomas Campbell.
History of the Christian Churches in the West by Barton W. Stone.
The Last Will and Testament of the Springfield Presbytery
The Millennial Harbinger by Alexander Campbell. Also here.
The Third Birth of a Nation by S. R. Cassius.
“Reading Scripture Baptismally.” Scott Adair. Christian Studies 31 (2019): 17-28.
“Four Reasons Why I’m Church of Christ.” Richard Beck. Read here.
“Churches of Christ Versus Evangelicalism: Five Contrasts.” Richard Beck. Read here.
“A Little Good News Today: Lessons From Our Past to Propel Us Into The Future.” Wes Crawford. Restoration Quarterly, 63, no 2 2021, 103-111.
“CoC: Catholic, not evangelical.” Brad East. Read here.
“Twenty-Five Years of Restoration Scholarship: The Churches of Christ Part I.” Richard T. Hughes. Restoration Quarterly, 25 no 4 1982, 233-256.
“Twenty-Five Years of Restoration Scholarship: The Churches of Christ Part II.” Richard T. Hughes. Restoration Quarterly, 26 no 1 1983, 39-62.
“The Restoration Movement, The Habit of Schism, and a Proposal for Unity.” Keith Stanglin. Christian Studies 28 (2016): 7-20.
Leave a Reply